Still searching, like me?
Follow me on my journey
toward living, away from addictions and dependency on alcohol
without resorting to the usual 12-step program.


I can do this - you can too.

Plus, I will make you laugh along the way.

Monday, January 11, 2010

Political Correctness or Alcohol Sensitivity

Yesterday I was over at a friends, having coffee and rolls. We were talking, about nothing, when Janice mentions at the end of the day she likes to sit down and relax with a glass of WINE!

OMG, her hands flew to her mouth and she begins apologizing profusely to me for saying 'that word'.

Too funny, I told her it was fine, just because I stopped drinking doesn't mean the rest of the world did.

Interesting how Hyper -sensitive one becomes when you first stop drinking. The first few weeks I noticed everything about alcohol; in movies, watching people drink, neon signs in bars, driving down the road, cap displays in stores.

It's only been about four months, but it really doesn't bother me anymore. Alcohol does not define me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me/About Time

Middle age...gads, how did I get here? With a new limited beverage selection. I think some of this can be traced to those life experiences, visited upon me by my family. In no particular order, the following stories have shaped my life.