Still searching, like me?
Follow me on my journey
toward living, away from addictions and dependency on alcohol
without resorting to the usual 12-step program.


I can do this - you can too.

Plus, I will make you laugh along the way.

Friday, January 22, 2010

De-Ionization

I think that is a made up word, but what it means is that in the winter, your house becomes full of negatively charged electrical ions. I mean they fill every nook and cranny, and if you do not de-ionize it, within 24 hours, any spark will blow your house up.

I wake in the middle of the night with this new found knowledge. I get out of bed and think, how long do I have? I go to the front door and fling it open, hoping to release some ions. (As it is elsewhere, it's winter here and damn cold!)

As soon as I am numb I shut the door, figuring I have bought a little time. I then open a window, promising myself in the morning to research and fix the problem. Barring that, I will pack a few things, the dogs, and leave.

I go back to bed, and as I wait for sleep, I think to myself, how do I know about De-Ionization?

I read about it or saw it on the news...

When?

Yesterday?

When?

Before you went to bed?

Ummm, no......

With a jolt of brilliance, I realize, yes I had literally dreamt this up.

Of course I was too cold and tired to get back up and shut the window.

But I have narrowly escaped the effects of De-Ionization!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me/About Time

Middle age...gads, how did I get here? With a new limited beverage selection. I think some of this can be traced to those life experiences, visited upon me by my family. In no particular order, the following stories have shaped my life.